Stemina’s technology is focused around several highly-specialized technologies that come together in a seamless workflow. A deep understanding of the biological systems in which we work, the analytical methods used to identify and quantify large numbers of relevant features, and the informatics used to process and assimilate the biological fingerprints are brought together through a custom Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). Experimental design and quality are just two of the factors we consider carefully in every study. At each step of the way, we have integrated key quality criteria that are assessed by an expert scientist to assure the best possible result.
- Cell culture, including stem cells, primary cells, and differentiated cells such as neural and cardiomyocytes.
- Chromatography methods include HILIC Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography, C18 Reverse Phase Chromatography, and other selected methods.
- LC/MS utilizing the latest in high-resolution instrumentation including TOF and QTOFs incorporating both positive and negative electrospray ionization methods.
- Bioinformatic platform uses LC/MS feature identification, alignment, and standardization protocols followed by both univariate and multivariate model development and validation.
- Biomarker confirmation by MS/MS fragmentation and comparison to reference standards. Metabolites identified are confirmed and evaluated relative to biological pathways. Often, multiple metabolite perturbations are observed in a single pathway.